Friday, January 26, 2007

6 weird things about me

I've been tagged by Joanna and am going to share 6 weird things about me. Not sure how weird they are really. If I've tagged you then I hope you don't mind. Just write 6 weird things about you on your blog and then tag 6 new people, letting them know on their blog that you've tagged them and direct them to your blog for instructions.

These are a selection of my weird things (I'm sure there are many more!)

1. I love all animals but especially dogs. I haven't actually got one myself and would love one but I live in a rented flat and it wouldn't be fair on the dog or my landlord. I'm amazed by how intelligent dogs are and am fascinated by guide dogs! Yes, I am odd.

2. I'm crazy about Japan and all things Japanese. This started when I read Memoirs of a Geisha about 5 years ago (before it was made into a film). I love it and it is still my favourite book. There is a shop in York called the Japanese Shop and I love going there. I have origami paper, a japanese bookmark with a lovely girl in a kimono on it, Japanese badges, a lucky cat, books, a momiji doll and a wooden Kokeshi doll. I would love to go to Tokyo and would spend an absolute fortune there.

3. I press the snooze alarm on my alarm clock too much. It goes off every 10 minutes and my record is 2 hours of 'snoozing' on a Saturday morning. Often I'm so tired I don't know I'm doing it. My boyfriend really appreciates it (ahem.)

4. My septum is wonky and as a result I can only breathe properly out of my left nostril. I need to have an operation for this but am scared.

5. I laugh at my own jokes. Often nobody else is laughing.

6. I don't like bananas when they turn too yellow- they make me feel sick. I much prefer the green ones.

I have tagged Ladysnail, Crafty Old thing, Emm@, Natural Attrill, Lucy in Stitches and Moopy and Me.







8 comments:

Joanna said...

I'm fascinated by guide dogs too, think they are really clever. I have a wonky spetum as well. I had an op to remove some polyps and straighten it. It was not too bad. With the polyps removed I can breath better but I still have a wonky spetum. I saw someone about having another op, but chickened out its not that bad.

Pea said...

That's funny- I need an operation to straighten my septum. I'm too scared! They said they can't guarantee my nose will look the same (there's only a tiny risk) but it still puts me off.

The fabric of my life said...

Hehehe I like your weird things but they're not really weird at all (well maybe the green bananas!) but quite sweet. I too love Japanese things and recently found a whole load of vintage kokeshi dolls in a charity shop. I love them.

I have already done this meme on my other blog thefabricofmylife.blogspot.com so I don't think I'll do it again although I can think of 6 or more weird things!

The fabric of my life said...

Re: the Kokeshi dolls, I was asked by another blogger to go back and buy them for her, so I did. I parcelled them up and she got them on Christmas Eve just in time for her daughter's birthday a few days later.

Pea said...

What a lucky girl!x

Deb said...

thanks for tagging me-i saw this earlier on someone else's blog but cant think who now and i wondered if i would get tagged and that it would probs take ages to get to me but no! dont be scared about your op-i am sure id you decide to go they will look after you-the docs and your family both.
dxxx

natural attrill said...

Hello,
We have done it!
Penny.
x

Lunabee said...

Hello Pea, got here through Ladysnails blog. I also like my bananas green and crispy-ish :)