Wednesday, January 31, 2007

One project finished!

I know it's 11 months too early but I finally finished the Christmas book I've been doing over the last month. I couldn't resist posting one spread from the book (not sure if I'm allowed too- oops!) Now I'm straight into my next commission which is a book for children who are being adopted or fostered for the British Association for Adopting and Fostering. It's a book with a strong message and it's nice to work on something a bit more serious. Not that I mind what type of children's book I'm illustrating- as long as I have work I'm happy.

6 comments:

natural attrill said...

Thats good to hear you still have lots of work. I wonder if you own the copyright to the book illustrations? just thinking that you could license this xmas design for a greeting card too?
Penny.

Pea said...

Thanks Penny, I've never done any greetings cards and it is something I would like to do. I just have so much work that it's something that will have to wait! Good idea though. x

natural attrill said...

Hi,
What I meant is license the same piece of artwork, this one you have shown for example, again for a card, so no more work to do, just get paid twice.
P.x

Deb said...

this image is lovely pea! very festive and i cant wiat to see the rest of the book. its like only being allowed one sweet from the packet! congratulations on all the work! make sure you look after yourself and dont work too hard. dx

Pea said...

Thanks Ladysnail!
I'm only working about 9.30-6.30 now on my new project, so not as bad as it was (working til 10pm!)x

The fabric of my life said...

Gorgeous Lucy, you are sooooo clever:-)

My new website is live now. Do pop over and have a look. I would love some feedback.
www.countryhouseantiquetextiles.co.uk