Monday, April 02, 2007

Finished fancy dress

My promotional postcard is finished now (I think). I never know when to stop playing around with the background and if I do too much I'll ruin it so I'm stopping for now and will see what I think of it in the morning. I've moved the boy in the frog costume slightly higher as he looks like he's jumping more than in my drawing.
I've decided against putting my web address on the bottom right as I think it will be nice to keep the image simple and strong. Let's hope it gets me some work.
Tomorrow I'll be drawing another fancy dress character for the back...hmmm...a ladybird?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so sweet, can I have a promotional postcard!!!!

natural attrill said...

Hi, nice idea having character jumping. Is this artwork all done digitally? in photoshop?
Penny.

Pea said...

Hi Penny,
Yes I do this style in Photoshop using different brush tools but quite a few publishers and even my agent thought it was painted! I try to make it not look too digital but I love the covenience of working digitally and not getting messy with paints.

Deb said...

wow! i cant beleive it is painted in photoshop! i thought it was hand painted. good luck for when you post them out-i hope you get some interest from them.
dx

Lunabee said...

Love your promo postcard it's gorgeous! x