Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Fancy dress

This is a drawing for a new promotional postcard I am going to send out. I wanted to illustrate some toddler-aged children as most of my illustrations are slightly older children, and mainly girls. I tried to do this yesterday but it all went wrong with my proportions so I gave up. Returning to it today with a clear mind has helped and I think they look a lot younger than my usual characters now. I've made them chubby with bigger heads than normal. I think this adds to the young effect. I can't wait to start the colour artwork.
I'm ashamed to say I've sometimes rushed my postcard artwork, especially when I had no work last year and the months were flying by. I was trying to get the postcards done as quickly as possible so that I would get some work but this didn't always mean quality of work. I'm now in the fortunate position of not having to worry so much about money and so I'm taking my time now with all my illustrations, not just commissioned artwork.



4 comments:

natural attrill said...

Looking forward to seeing it coloured.
Penny.

Unknown said...

Ha ha. The one in the bear costume is very cute and funny!

Lunabee said...

Lovely illustrations, i'm also planning my promotional cards at the moment, i find it so stressful deciding which images to use! x

Pea said...

I know! That's why I'm doing a new illustration, so that it's an image i'm really happy with.