Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Three cheers for Ladysnail!

A few days ago I decided to buy one of Ladysnail's rainclouds. It arrived this morning but it wasn't alone! But before I go into that, here is the raincloud. I only asked for three raindrops but Ladysnail added an extra three so I now have six! Very kind and generous of her.


The raincloud and raindrops are screenprinted onto a cream coloured fabric. It looks lovely and even better in real life. What I didn't know before I bought it was that the 'strings' between the raindrops are not just bits of cotton thread; they're strung with cute, transparent beads which give it an extra detail and they look great. Look:


Hope you can see that? Anyway, moving on... these little friends were also included as a complete surprise!

A Pidgeon, which Ladysnail also sells on her blog (if she has any left), a g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s Ladysnail card with a beautiful button, a little tooth (which was too shy to photograph) and a selection of glittery threads to hang up my new friends.
Now that they've been here for nearly two hours, they're slowly getting used to their new home. Ladysnail advised a cup of tea and a chocolate digestive is the raincloud's favourite treat, so he's had a cuppa and a choc chip cookie (which he said would do) and he's been fairly talkative ever since. He's told me about his brothers and sisters and how he'd love them to find friendly homes. He said the journey was scary but the Royal Mail staff were quite gentle with him. Here he is in his new home:


Pidgeon was very quick to settle in and flew toward the lounge window to be near the trees outside. She said she's too tired to talk at the moment but is looking forward to having a chat later. Here she is:


The little tooth has been more subdued. I think he just needs a good night's sleep. He's very shy and a bit wary of my kokeshi dolls. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Thanks Ladysnail, such a kind, generous, thoughtful blogging friend xxx




3 comments:

natural attrill said...

Oh how exciting Lucy, what a wonderful package of goodies.

I had a parcel in the post today from Ladysnail too, I will post pics on our blog next week.

Isnt it great this community of blogs and Etsy shops, with everyone buying each others creations!

I love your cloud and raindrops, they are very unusual and look really well made too, I am seriously tempted, but must stop spending money! The detail you show of the tiny beads is really lovely.

Penny.
x

Deb said...

hello pea. thanks for the email-will reply properly tomorrow. they look like they are settling in well in their new home. thank you for the link as well. dx

Pea said...

Go on Penny! I highly recommend the raincloud. So beautifully made and it looks great in my little office. Thanks again Ladysnail.
Yes, it's great to buy eachother's creations!