Thursday, March 15, 2007

A break in Settle


After my 3 months of working non-stop, my boyfriend James and I went away to Settle in the Yorkshire Dales for 3 nights. It was so relaxing and great to be away from my mac. No checking emails and panicking that I should be doing work. I didn't want to come home!

We stayed at The Old Brewhouse which was the cutest, tiniest cottage ever, converted from an old printing shop.

We spent our time going on a few walks and saw some amazing scenery. We don't own any walking boots, anoraks or rucksacks, so we couldn't go on any serious walks which was a shame. We managed to still see some gorgeous views though. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Settle is a small market town and only had 3 pubs. They were rather 'local' but friendly all the same. We ended up seeing the same characters every night, whichever pub we were in. Everyone seemed to know eachother so we stuck out a bit! We also ate lots of naughty things like cakes and buns and pies. Being on holiday is always a good excuse!

Here are a few of the photos I took.

This sheep tried to stare me out!

It would be lovely to live in the country and as an illustrator I am very lucky that I could technically live anywhere but it wouldn't be very easy for James who works in Leeds city centre. Maybe when we're older.

2 comments:

Deb said...

hello Pea. how are you? thanks for stopping by. i love olliver jeffers-the incredile book eating boy is fab! one of my favourite books. i love looking it as it inspires me to do work and get the old paints out. look like you had a lovely break away in the little cottage. dx

natural attrill said...

Hello, glad you had a good break!

There's lots of nice countryside around Leeds. We live in Todmorden, lots of moorland and sheep here, and it is on the Leeds to Manchester direct railway line. There are many small towns closer to Leeds on the same line, why dont you have a look around, you might find a country location that James can commute to, then you'd have the best of both worlds.

Good to see you blogging again
Penny.