Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Today's work

I'm working on a new illustration for the first page of my website. I do like the image that is already there but I feel it's time for a new one and hopefully people will think 'well, if she's updated her first image, there must be new work on the site.' Which of course there will be when I've uploaded it! I hope to have done that by the end of this week.
So what you see here is my drawing which I've started to work up in colour. It's sort of a self- portrait as the girl has the same hair as me and I have just bought a dress like this! I'm rather pleased with the dogs because I dread drawing dogs for some reason and I think these have turned out well. Must be the combination of my dog wallcharts and my new desk!
I'm waiting to hear back from the British Association of Adoption and Fostering who I've just finished a book for. They're not keen on the front cover I've done and I've been trying to defend it and explain why I've illustrated it like that. I will have to see what they decide. I hope they do change their minds because going back to a project once it's finished is something I don't really enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is lovely Lucy.
It'll look great on your website once it's finished
:0)