Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Finally!


This morning I finished redoing my babies illustration. Here are the old and new versions to compare. The new one(bottom) has shadows to give more depth and a new, stronger outline on the babies. I've left the more broken line on the nappy as I think it gives it a nice, fluffy look and I've deleted some of the cheeks as not all the babies are shy! I'm very pleased with it and am looking forward to doing some new work in this style. On Monday I'll be starting the commission I've just got (which will be in a different style), so not really much time to do anything new!

3 comments:

tlchang said...

Cute babies! I definately think your second version is stronger (and leaving off the round cheeks - good choice!). It looks like a nice, clean style.

Enjoy your new project.

Pea said...

Thanks TLC, I'm looking forward to doing something else!

lorna said...

Brilliant. It's a bit like spot the difference. He he he.
Enjoy your new project!