Thursday, November 09, 2006

Origami


Tuesday was a better day and I got on with creating new brushes in Illustrator and reworking my babies illustration. Yesterday I didn't get much done as I was preparing for the art workshop I do in a primary school. Last week the children (6 year olds) were little terrors, so this week I was armed with sparkly stickers and a small prize for the best behaved child. We did some very simple origami models and then decorated them. The prize was this bird which I made at home. When you pull its tail, its wings flap. The little boy who won it seemed rather chuffed!
I feel in the origami mood now and will have to go out and get some nice Japanese paper.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I love doing art with children and do some little lessons for pennies with them. It would be lovely to share any ideas. Last night I had a wonderful lesson with a 7 year old. I took an old wonky mount I cut and we did two paintings one for fun and one we concentrated on. We had to concentrate on the more serious one becuase then we could put the nice cream mount
around it it was really successful.

I will add you to my links

Pea said...

Hi Joanna,
That's a good idea. I have a group of children for 5 weeks, then it changes to a new group. Sometimes it's hard to think of new ideas so I'll send you an email with some of the activities I've done.