Monday, November 13, 2006

Two steps forward, one step back!


Now that I've got the hand of creating new brushes in Illustrator, I've been continuing my quest to re-do my babies illustration, changing the 'chalky' line to a more solid-yet-hand-drawn looking line. It is taking a while because at the same time I'm adding shadows to create more depth. I always prefer starting a new illustration- I like moving on and not looking back! However, I really like this illustration and, on the advice of my agent who feels a bit more depth would make my work better, I'm soldiering on with this old piece! I can't wait to finish it though and try out my new techniques on a brand new piece of work.
Ironically, I have a commission that I'm waiting to hear back about and they want my old, flat style! Two steps forward, one step back!

No comments: