Friday, September 28, 2007

I love vintage!

Does anyone remember this shop that I blogged about months ago? Well, if not it's a gorgeous shop on Hyde Park corner in Leeds and it is well worth a visit. Retro Boutique sells vintage furniture, clothes, bedspreads, bags, jewellery, mirrors, artwork and lots more. It's great to go there and just have a nosey round. I went yesterday as I was actually looking for some furniture and got these beautiful art deco drawers. They're from the 1930s and I'm in love with them! I bought them because I liked them so much so their period is irrelevant really- I would've bought them anyway- but it's lovely to get something with a bit of history and character and to wonder about who owned them before. My original plan was to get some Ikea drawers which would've cost more and had no character at all. I'm glad I got these.

Look at the handles!

Then I went next door to this shop which sells very high quality vintage clothing and a few bits and pieces:

The first time I went here I was scared to go down the stairs. The entrance is painted black and it's very dimly lit...I was worried I was entering some sort of dodgy 'parlour'! This display is on the wall as you go in:

I found this lovely painted japanese table which I must've seen about 4 months ago. I couldn't believe it was still there and scooped it up straight away. I love it!

It has a music box in the back so when you open the drawer it plays a little tune. I thought it was so cute and very me and no way could I have left it in the shop. It wasn't even for sale, it was part of the display but the owner let me have it for just £10. What a nice guy.

2 comments:

Deb said...

what a find lucy! dx.

natural attrill said...

Cor, looks like you had a good shopping trip!!
P.x