Sunday, September 23, 2007

Take a snapshot of home

I don't know if any of you get The Guardian on a Saturday but this week I found this in the Family section (which for some reason is my favourite bit even though I have no kids):

What does "home" mean to you? The table covered in spilt cereal? Curling up for a bedtime story? Everything just so? Or total chaos? The creators of a new book and exhibition, UK at Home, would like to find out, so they are asking the public to take photos of their homes- and what goes on in them- from Monday to Sunday this week.
The organisers are looking for pictures of a specific time or space each day (listed on the website), as well as general shots that show the character or our homes and how we use them. A book and exhibition is planned for February.
www.ukathome.co.uk

I don't start my new job until 1st October so I'm up for a creative challenge this week. I will post the results on my blog- no idea if they will get into the book but I'm doing it for fun really. If anyone else is interested (Penny, your kitchen is ace so you could take some great shots!) then let me know- I would love to see them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting project to get involved in.

Joanna said...

Nice to see you back blogging and I'm so excited for you about the job, well done, thats all so exciting.

natural attrill said...

Looking forward to seeing your photo's Pea!
I had a look at the link, but dont have time to do all that at the moment.
Glad you like our kitchen, it is rather a personal taste, and very much 'my room' in our house. I love cooking, and like having the big table to do all sorts of arty things on too. Laurence didnt want to paint the pinks to start with, but when he'd finished he agreed it looked OK!
Penny.